Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram LinkedIn Pinterest Tumblr FB Twitter
  • Home  /
  • Visa Process USA

Visa Process USA

Obtaining the form I-20 is the first step in the student visa application process. We have an extensive database of schools located throughout the United States, including ESL (English as a Second Language) schools, vocational schools, colleges and universities.

How to apply for a Student Visa

  • Select where in the Unites States of America you would like to live and study.
  • Choose the type of school you would like to attend, such as: University, College, Graduate School, ESL (English as Second Language) or Vocational School.
  • Contact the school and start the admission process.
  • Upon acceptance by school, the school will issue you an I-20 form (the required document you need to apply for F-1 student visa).
  • With the I-20 form you can apply for a student visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
  • You may be legally authorized to work in the United States while on a F-1 student visa.

F-1 Student Visa Eligibility Requirements: An applicant for a US student visa must come to the United States to pursue an academic program in an institution recognized by the United States government. The foreign citizen must have a valid educational purpose for coming to the United States and be a full time student. It is not possible to be a part-time student on an F-1 Visa. The student can stay in the United States for as long as he/she is enrolled in university. The F-1 student visa is normally issued at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the student’s home country.

Foreign students may enter the United States multiple times if they hold a valid F-1 Student Visa
  • It is important that the F-1 Student Visa holders have all the necessary documents and signed authorizations to avoid any problems at the U.S. port of entry.
  • The passport must also be valid for a certain amount of time in order to be granted entry.
  • F-1 Visa holders can also travel freely within the within the United States.
Working on F-1 Student Visa:
  • Students may work on campus as long as they are enrolled in university/ school.
  • Students may take advantage of Optional Practical Training (OPT) once the degree is completed as a full time employee.