- Home /
- TOEFL Coaching Centers in Udaipur
TOEFL Coaching Centers in Udaipur
TEST OF ENGLISH AS FOREIGN LANGUAGE
TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language is a standardized English proficiency test that assesses English Language skills in the areas of listening, reading, writing and speaking. Candidates desirous of pursuing further studies at undergraduate or graduate levels are required to take TOEFL to demonstrate their English proficiency.
|Reading||60–80 minutes||36–56 questions||Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.|
|Listening||60–90 minutes||34–51 questions||Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answer questions.|
|Speaking||20 minutes||6 tasks||Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.|
|Writing||50 minutes||2 tasks||Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.|
A BRIEF ON EACH SECTION
- Reading: Reading tests candidates' ability to read and comprehend the passages, and answer the questions based on the same. It consists of 3 – 4 passages, and each passage having 13 – 15 questions on it. It lasts for approximately 60 – 80 minutes.
- Listening: Listening tests candidates' ability to understand spoken English that is typical of interactions in academic environment. It comprises the talks and lectures of generally American speakers. Listening has two formats i.e. Short Format (SF) and Long Format (LF), one of which appears in the test. SF comprises 6 talks of which three are conversations and three are lectures. LF has 9 talks of which three are conversations and 6 are lectures. SF will last for approximately 45 – 55 minutes, whereas LF lasts approximately 70 – 80 minutes.
- Speaking: Speaking tests a candidate's ability to converse in English. Speaking has 6 question prompts which include independent speaking questions, as well as integrated speaking questions. Candidates are given a few seconds to think and the time allotted to speak keeps changing as per the question format. Approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute is the time limit, per question in speaking. Overall speaking test lasts for 20 minutes.
- Writing: Writing tests a candidate's ability to express himself through written text. It comprises of 2 tasks. In Task 1 i.e. Integrated Writing, candidates are required to read a passage, listen to a lecture and compose a technical essay based on the passage and the lecture. Time allotted is 20 minutes. In Task 2 i.e. Independent Essay, students are given a general topic to write an essay on. Time allotted is 30 minutes.
Each section of TOEFL is graded on a scale of 0 – 30 in 1 point increment. Composite score is addition of all the scores. TOEFL is scored out of 120. 80+ is considered a good score.
|Score Validity :||2 years||Official Website :||www.toefl.org|
|Registration Mode :||Telephone / Mail/ Online / Fax||Rescheduling Fee :||$60|
|Mode of payment:||Demand Draft/Credit card||Test Administration Frequency :||3-4 times a month|
|Test Fee :||$170||Test Repetition Policy :||Next available date|
|Score Reporting time :||approximately 10 days||Extra Score Reporting Fee :||$17|
|Nature of Test :||Internet based Test|