Study Abroad Australia
HOME > STUDYING IN Australia
Why Study in the Australia from India?
Australia has emerged as one of the most sought after study destinations for Indians in the past decade. With many world-class educational institutions catering educational programmes and specializations in varying fields, over 3 Lakh overseas students pursue higher education from Australia every year. The world-class education curriculum and infrastructure can be established with 7 universities of Australia consistently ranking in the world’s top 100 universities in the world.
The remarkable reputation of the Australian education system opens global career prospects for students. The nation’s high standard of teachings, advanced facilities, unmatched student’s exposure, and quality lifestyle make it an obvious choice for international students.
- World-class education
For a very sparsely populated country with a relatively small number of universities, housing 7 out of the top 100 universities in the world is quite a feat. Australian universities regularly feature in global rankings like QS World University Rankings, Times Higher Education Rankings, and the Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Great diversity in course options
Study in Australia is a great choice for you—whether you want to be taught by the best or undertake your research. Over 22,000 high-quality courses and programs are offered in as much as 1,100 institutions.
- Universally recognized degrees
Did you know that Australia has produced 15 Nobel laureates?
Degrees from Australian universities are recognized all over the world. It is not surprising to know that there are now over 2.5 million international students worldwide who have studied in Australia. Some of these students are among the world’s finest minds.
- Part-Time Work Right
Australia provides students the opportunity to work part-time while studying, which would help you offset some of your living costs. International students are allowed to work for up to 20 hours/ 40 Hours per fortnight a week during semesters and full-time during the university holidays. These jobs often have flexible working hours to avoid any clash with classes.
- Numerous Scholarships opportunities
You can apply for scholarships in Australia based on courses and universities.
- A safe, multicultural environment
Australia is considered as one of the safest countries in the world with a multicultural, friendly and pleasant society. Melbourne has been named as the world’s most livable city and Sydney has been voted as the friendliest city in the world. This ranking is based on various parameters such as the mix of students based on nationalities, cultures, races, religion, and quality of life.
- Great place to visit along with your education in Australia
There are over 500 National Parks in Australia to explore and 19 UNESCO World Heritage sites to tick off your list if you do set out on such an endeavor. You can go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef or snorkel alongside gigantic whale sharks in Ningaloo Reef. There are countless other things to see and experience.
- Easier Visa norms
An Australian study visa is relatively easier to get than visas for the US and the UK. On 1st July 2016, the Australian government has abridged the visa subclasses and introduced a simplified student visa framework (SSVF) to provide more efficient visa services to applicants. As per the new SSVF, all the study visas came under a single platform or a class (subclass 500).
- Relatively lower cost of education
A simple analysis and the comparison of quality against the cost for all countries that are leading education powerhouses will easily reveal that Australia is relatively one of the cheapest countries in terms of studying. The cost of living and tuition costs are significantly lower as compared to the US and the UK and the living standard is amongst the highest in the world.
EDUCATION IN AUSTRALIA
Tertiary education in Australia comprises higher education (universities), and vocational education and training institutes [vocational education and training (VET) and technical and further education (TAFE) colleges]. Classes are generally conducted in large group lectures and small group tutorials.
The country has a unified system of qualifications, well-known as the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF), which is regulated by the Australian Government. It unifies and assures the quality offered at different levels of education in Australia so that students can move easily from one level of study to the next after completing their previous level, and from one institution to another, as long student visa requirements are satisfied by the student.
Following are the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) levels of qualifications granted by Australian institutions for higher education:
VET Education or Diploma Course (Year 1- leading to Degree – Bachelors direct into 2nd Year)
- Associate Degree
- Advanced Diploma
- Bachelor Degree
- Bachelor Degree (honors)
- Master’s Degree (extended)
- Master’s Degree (coursework)
- Master’s Degree (research)
Vocational and Technical Schools
Australia offers Vocational and Technical studies known to TAFE and VET through various institutes. These institutes offer short courses, certificate courses, diplomas, and advanced diplomas. These courses are meant to provide training for students in a particular vocation or help them to get out into the workplace.
TOP UNIVERSITIES FOR STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
Australia has 43 universities in total, out of which, 40 universities are public, 2 are international universities and 1 is a private university. The country has some of the most prestigious and high ranking universities in the world. As per the latest QS World University Rankings, 35 Australian universities are ranked among the world’s top 500 universities’ list and 6 are ranked among the world’s top 100.
TOP 10 UNIVERSITIES FOR FOREIGN STUDY IN AUSTRALIA ARE:
- Australian National University (ANU)
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- The University of New South Wales
- University of Queensland (UQ)
- Monash University
- University of Western Australia (UWA)
- University of Adelaide
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
- The University of Wollongong
TOP COURSES TO STUDY IN AUSTRALIA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
Do you have any particular area of interest to study?
There is every possibility that Australian universities have you covered.
Australian universities offer a wide range of courses and programs as per the field of interest of the students. Whether it’s an undergraduate or postgraduate program a student wants to enroll in, there are numerous options on one’s platter. Australia is particularly known for Social Sciences, Management, Natural Sciences Degrees, Mathematics, Life & Agricultural Sciences, Clinical Medicine & Pharmacy, and Physics.
Different degree courses to study overseas in Australian universities:
- Arts and Design: Literature, History, Psychology, Foreign Language Studies, Communications, Philosophy, Public Relations
- Education: Education Studies, Special Education, Accountancy Teaching
- Engineering and Technology: Chemical, Automotive, Civil, Telecommunications, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Mining, Environmental, Electrical, Electronics, Structural, Industrial, General Engineering, Computer, Mechatronics
- Hospitality and Tourism: Hotel Management, Commercial Cookery, Tourism Management
- Mathematics and Computing: Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics, Computer-Based Information System
- Health Sciences: Nursing, Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Veterinary Science, Environmental Health, Public Health, Personal and Family Health Care, Pharmacy,
- Science: Pharmacology, Environmental Science, Chemistry
- Visual and Performing Arts: Art, Fashion Design, Music, Crafts, Performing Arts, Graphic Arts
- Agriculture: Agriculture Science, Forestry, Horticulture, Biotechnology
- Law and Business Administration: Economics, HR, Accounting, Commerce, Marketing, Management, Administration
STUDY ABROAD IN AUSTRALIA: WHEN AND HOW TO APPLY
Applications for overseas education in Australian Universities are accepted all-round the year. Most universities accept new students in two intakes in each academic session, which are usually in February and July or November, with slight variations according to a university’s academic calendar.
However, it is better to apply as early as possible because the visa process takes up takes 1 Day -12 week turnaround time. If you wish to begin your studies in Australia for February intake, you should aim to have your application completed and submitted by mid-November/late-December, depending on the institute. If you are targeting the July intake, you should complete your application by May.
Australian academic intakes:
- Foundation courses: Duration is 1 year and intake is in February (depends on the university).
- Vocational Education and Training courses: Duration is 6 Month-1year and intake are in Jan, May, June, Oct, TAFE Institutions
- Undergraduate courses: Duration is 3 years (4 years for honors degree) and intake is in Feb, July, and November, (depends on the university).
- Postgraduate/Masters courses: Duration is 1-2 years and intake is in March (depends on the university) Feb, July, and November.
- Doctoral degrees: Duration is 3-4 years and round the year intake as the supervisor or the project demands.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION IN AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITIES
The general criteria for applications in Australian universities are mentioned below:
English language proficiency:
All applicants are required to take a recognized English language proficiency test. IELTS/TOEFL/PTE score is generally considered by Australian Universities.
- For undergraduate programs, a minimum IELTS band score of 6 with no less than 6.0 in each section is required and for post-graduate programs, a minimum IELTS band score of 6.5 with no less than 6 in each section is required.
Undergraduate study in Australia
- High-school certificate or Year 12 of school education
- Academic scores with a minimum 60 % or above in class XII
- Mathematics in-class XII as a prerequisite(for some sciences and technology courses)
Postgraduate study in Australia
- Recognized undergraduate certificate or 15 years of education
- Strong academic background
- Relevant work experience (some universities require this for MBA programs)
DOCUMENT CHECKLIST FOR APPLYING IN AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITIES
Following is the list of documents required for applying to universities:
- Higher Senior Secondary and Senior Secondary school Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Passport Copy
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE score (whichever applicable)
- Statement of purpose
- Portfolio of work (for courses in art, design, etc.)
The Australian Universities usually take around 2 days to 4 weeks to respond or to process a student’s applications.
Students are advised to apply as soon as possible.
STUDENT LIFE IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is well known for its multinational and safe environment in which students have ample scope to learn, grow and travel.
Safety for International students studying in Australia
Regardless of what you are studying or how long you are studying for, Australia’s laws promote quality education and protection for international students.
Australia is one of the safest countries in the world for international students and has a comparatively low crime rate. In most places, lanes are clean, open and well-lit at night. The frequency of robbery and assault in Australia is relatively low, and there are strict anti-gun and anti-drug laws. Australian Universities have a student support cell that ensures and safeguards the interests of international students. They help and support in resolving academic or administrative grievances, provide medical assistance and other student welfare supports.
Universities provide following support for international students:
- Language tuition
- International student counselors
- Visa application and processing assistance
- On arrival orientation programs
- Health, counseling, lodging and employment service
Interested in studying abroad?can help – fill in your details and we’ll call you back.
Looking for Study in Foreign Country?
We provide free substance to students desiring to study within the United Kingdom, USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Switzerland, Dubai, Ireland and Malaysia.
Oasis Education Consultancy an educational consultant has been counseling and assisting students to study at UK, AUSTRALIA, USA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND and other countries.
Head office (udaipur)
© 2021 Oasis Educon. All Rights Reserved.