- Home /
- Application Procedure Ireland
Application Procedure Ireland
The main intake offered by all Colleges and University is September and few Universities offer Feb Intake also.
As English is the language of instruction at all Irish Institutions of higher education, students must demonstrate a proficiency in English to be accepted for a third level Programme. Generally, the required minimum score in TOEFL is 90 Internet Based Test. Many universities and colleges provide English Language training programmmes for intending students. Furthermore, there are over 110 private English language training schools throughout the country which run both short and long terms courses.
Overseas students wishing to study in Ireland have two options:
a) Attend secondary school in Ireland and complete the Leaving Certificate Examination with Irish students. This route is chosen by a number of students who commonly take the examination in conjunction with English language tuition.
b) Undertake recognised public examinations in their own countries. This is a more common route and it is essential that every applicant check that the educational qualifications she/he is presenting are adequate to satisfy entry requirements. To have a realistic prospect these results should be very good, e.g. for medicine 3 good ‘A’ Level passes (grades A/B) or the equivalent, in relevant subjects are required. The minimum requirement for most degree level programmes is 3 grade ‘C’s at A level or equivalent. If there is any doubt about the acceptability of an applicant’s qualifications, clarification should be sought in good time from the particular third level institution.
c) Student can apply to the institutions directly or to the Central Applications Office for Undergraduate Programmes.
- Attested copies of the mark sheets of Std X, XII, etc.
- 2 Academic Reference Letters from professors who have taught you most recently.
- If you have work experience then at least one work reference letter from the employer who can comment on your professional skills and abilities.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume.
- Portfolio in case of students applying for Arts and Design courses.
- 4 Extra Curricular Activities certificates.