- Home /
- Visa Process Singapore
Visa Process Singapore
New applications must be submitted at least 2 months and not more than 6 months from the course commencement date. Applicants are not required to be present in Singapore while their applications are being considered. Hence, no extension of stay will be considered while their applications are under processing.
Successful applicants may enter Singapore to complete the formalities after applications have been approved. They will be issued Student’s Passes within 1 month from the commencement date of courses.
Local Sponsor is required for the application of a Student’s Pass. The local sponsor must be a Singapore Citizen/ Singapore PR above the age of 21 years old or the school where the applicant intends to study in. Companies are not allowed to act as sponsors.
Basic Documents Required From the Applicant
- 2 copies for Form 16, Form V36 and Form V39S duly completed and signed by applicant and local sponsor at the relevant sections. (The first set of forms must be original).
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs (BW/ Colour) to be pasted on the top-right hand corner of Form 16.
- Applicant’s Official Birth Certificate (in English and photocopy).
- Applicant’s highest education certificates and result transcripts (in English and photocopy).
- Copies of personal particular pages of applicant’s travel document/ passport (photocopy).
Successful applicants are required to produce all the original copies of their Basic and Supporting documents for verification when collecting the Student’s Passes.
|Country||Form of security deposit||Rate per person|
|Bangladesh , Myanmar, People’s Republic of China and India||Banker’s Guarantee from any established bank in Singapore or Cashier’s Order||$5000|
|Indonesia , Philippines and Thailand||Banker’s Guarantee from any established bank in Singapore or Cashier’s Order or NETS||$1000|
|Others||BG/ Cashier Order/ NETS||$1500|
The processing time for a new Student’s Pass application is about 4-6 weeks for an approved PEO upon the receipt of you application provided that no further verification is required. The local sponsor and the school will be notified of the outcome by post.
- The security deposit will be required only after a student pass application has been approved.
- Medical check on the applicant may be required if requested by the ICA
- Applicants/ Students have to abide by the rules and regulations of the ICA during their studies in Singapore